Dr. Eike Wenzel is the founder and Director of the Institute for trend and future research, and editor of “Megatrends” – monthly letters! He is regarded as one of the most prestigious German trend and future researchers and has according to ‘Mirror’ and ‘Wikipedia’ first German researchers engaged in the ‘LOHAS’ (lifestyle of health and sustainability). Dr. Eike Wenzel is a columnist of the “Wirtschaftswoche” and perceives lectureships at German and international universities. With ‘Greenomics’ and ‘LOHAS’, he has presented bestsellers to the environmental change in business and society.
Please notice that This Episode is recorded in German
- A doctoral thesis to the TV crime series “Tatort”
- John Naisbitt, the “Daddy” of all future researchers
- Megatrends and their significance for companies
- Different kinds of trends are there and how long they last?
- How scientifically trends differ from fashion trends
- The Trend Pyramid
- Everyday life of a trend researcher
- The fear of novelty
- Why it is so important to determine the identity of the company
- Neo urbanization meets Countertrend “Landlust”
- Freelancer & Digital nomads
- powerlessness and loss of control
- ⅔ of all mega-trends are sustainability trends
- the urgent need to decouple economic growth from natural consumption
- What happened to the LOHAS?
- The importance of “Slow” for our future
- Megatrends as early warning system
Links mentioned in this episode
- Institute for trend and future research / ITZ
- Murmann Verlag
- Megatrends letter
- John Naisbitt
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Book Tip: Circle
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Wherever you are, and however you listen to the Greenblut FM Podcast, thank you! Are you interested in hearing more from Eike and ITZ? Let him know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the sidebar of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Greenblut FM Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions just move over to the contact section and drop us a line or click on thew right sidebar.And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes get automatic updates
Many, many thanks to Eike for joining us see you next show
If you like to learn more about how to build a successful ethical business, subscribe to our newsletter and get a lot of good stuff delivered directly to your mailbox