Sven Segal/Po-Zu Creating shoes with soul
Sven discovered his talent for footwear design and became a shoemaker apprentice at a local family-run business in Israel. Within a few months, he had secured a place at Londons’s prestigious Cordwainers College and moved to England to begin his career in Footwear Design. After having graduated, Sven traveled the world as a freelance shoe designer. Shortly after, he became quickly frustrated by the manufacturing practices and the working conditions in many overseas factories.Sven resolved to challenge these practices and after 3 years of research and development he set up Po-Zu in 2006, to demonstrate how stylish, high-quality footwear could be created without harming people or planet.
in this episode we talk about:
- Japan as original inspiration
- Svens personal background
- the key reason to create his brand
- developing a brand in spare time while working in a regular day job
- the advantage of collaborations with other brands
- how to connect with other brands
- the biggest challenge in the start-up phase
- reasons to move to a more commercial product
- when proper research in advance is missing…
- learning by doing
- the pros of good networking
- direct sale versus wholesale
- ethical promise
- about USP and the importance of added benefits
- managing growth just by word-of-mouth recommendations
- about customizing products
- what customers are asking for
- Sven’s advice to You:” being ethical and sustainable is not enough!”
Links and resources mentioned in this Episode:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Wherever you are, and however you listen to the Greenblut FM Podcast, thank you! Are you interested in hearing more from Sven and Po-Zu? Let him know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the sidebar of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Greenblut FM Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions just move over to the contact section and drop us a line or click on thew right sidebar.And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates
Many, many thanks to Sven for joining us see you next show