Andrew Morgan: The True Cost of Fashion
Andrew Morgan is a filmmaker.His new film “the true cost” is “a global documentary that explores the #fashion industry around the world, examining where we are, how we got there, and how we can create a better future moving forward. The True Cost was filmed all over the world, from the brightest runways to the darkest slums, and featuring interviews with the world’s leading influencers including Stella McCartney, Livia Firth, Vandana Shiva and Safia Minney.
After studying cinematography at the Los Angeles Film School, Andrew Morgan co-founded “Untold Creative”, a Los Angeles based, internationally recognized hybrid filmmaking studio where he holds the position of a creative director. He also writes for the “Huffington Post” and gives lectures about the power of storytelling in order to fight for human rights and for a better world.
in this episode we talk about:
- how to choose stories that shape the world
- the power of storytelling
- the background of Andrew Morgan
- how human rights, global inequality, and extreme poverty are connected
- Business that is leading to a huge loss of life
- Interviews as a way to do research
- the unseen Side of creative and beautiful fashion business.
- How to get people introduced to the idea of ethical fashion
- What starting a business, giving birth to a child and making a film have in common?
- different stages of a project
- the use of Kick-Starter for initial funding
- crowdsourcing as a tool for “Proof of Concept”
- be a host for “the True cost” in your city
- incredible facts about increasing fashion consumption
- how did making this film changed personal fashion habits?
- solutions for a better fashion world
- how to recognize greenwashing
- put your focus on storytelling
- the best story will raise on the surface
- about an inspiring pioneer of the ethical fashion world
- everyone wants to be inspired and invited to a touching story!
- customers are able to tell which stories are true
Links and resources mentioned in this Episode:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Wherever you are, and however you listen to the Greenblut FM Podcast, thank you! Are you interested in hearing more from Andrew and True Cost? Let him know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the sidebar of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Greenblut FM Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions just move over to the contact section and drop us a line or click on thew right sidebar.And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates
Many, many thanks to Andrew for joining us see you next show
If you like to learn more about how to build a successful ethical business, subscribe to our newsletter and get a lot of good stuff delivered directly to your mailbox
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”false” description=”false”]